As a Covid-19 free Care Home we re-opened for Safe visiting in Mid-June as we know how much this means to our residents and their families.
Further to the Health Ministers recent announcement on Care Home visiting our Policy on visiting remains the same and we feel that a cautious approach is very important as although transmission rates have reduced, we are acutely aware that Covid-19 still exists and as such we must protect our vulnerable residents and staff.
The relaxation of lockdown measures could in itself lead to added risk of transmission and we have already seen examples of areas throughout the world having to return to strict lockdown measures due to a second spike in the virus. We feel me must protect our vulnerable and elderly residents from that risk.
We will permit visiting to our designated internal visiting area and gardens areas with the following conditions:
- 30min visit on a pre-booked appointment basis only. Bookings can be arranged by contacting the Home directly and will be on a first come first served basis
- Visiting can take place in good weather in our seated garden areas but under strict social distancing conditions
- Visitors should bring their own facemask
- Our visitors book must be filled in on each visit
- We will facilitate visiting for end of life care and this will be arranged with the Home Manager or Nursing Staff on an individual basis
- We aim to facilitate visiting for residents nursed in bed and this should be arranged with the Home Manager or Nursing Staff on an individual basis
The indoor visiting area we have created is accessed without entering the main confines of the home. We have installed a protective clear roller screen, sanitiser points and seating which can be easily sanitised between visits.
We appreciate this is not a return to full visiting but we must risk assess how we permit visiting with the protection of our residents and staff paramount.
If you have not already organised a visit we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.